[plug] Fw: I am so sorry!Your hosts was hacked!

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 9 19:24:36 WST 2001

I was also worried about identd as #1 son uses irc (masq'd from his
windoze machine).  I found that if you set ipchains to deny, it would
not let some servers connect, however, if you set it to reject, the
server was happy using the reject packet.  Apparently the servers just
check for a service at that address, not the actual return values.
Anyways, he knows the block is there, but hasnt come back and said he
cannot reach any irc servers, and I can see the connect attempts in the
log.

BillK