[plug] Dataproducts LZR 960 printer

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Mon Apr 9 20:52:42 WST 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Kevin Shackleton wrote:

> Beau Kuiper wrote:
> > I got myself a dataproducts laser printer, 2nd hand.
> >
> > A few questions:
> >
> > 1) There is a toner bottle in the bottom right hand side with a small
> > opening. Is that the bottle the toner comes from, or is it for waste toner
>
> Waste toner.  Keep it drained or you'll get a messy overflow.  You could
> try recycling, bearing in mind it's not good for the printer but it's
> going to die soon anyway.

The developer or the drum or the whole printer. I got it for personal
use and only intend to print 1000-2000 pages a year on it at most, so it
probably will last me a good long time (once I replace the drum)

> > 2) Pages sometimes have faint ghost images on them (the originals are further
> > up on the page, esp on pages with more cover. Is that a drum problem, how
> > would I solve it.
>
> Yep - the drum.
>
> Moncrieffs in Vic Park are the agent.  You'll find that the parts are
> dear though.  You need toner regularly, a drum less regularly and a
> fuser probably about now.

cool. The fuser seems fine at the moment, but I will replace the drum,
since I checked it and it was scored.

> Another thing mine did was the exit rollers turned soft and gooey and
> stuck to paper.  After wiping the mess off with metho I chopped bits of
> fuel hose for very economical replacements.

Mine has this too, but it doesn't seem to affect the paper (the paper is
rolling on the plastic supports beside the rollers.

Thanks for the tips
Beau Kuiper
kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au