[plug] Dataproducts LZR 960 printer

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Mon Apr 9 20:21:13 WST 2001

Beau Kuiper wrote:
> I got myself a dataproducts laser printer, 2nd hand.
>
> A few questions:
>
> 1) There is a toner bottle in the bottom right hand side with a small
> opening. Is that the bottle the toner comes from, or is it for waste toner

Waste toner.  Keep it drained or you'll get a messy overflow.  You could
try recycling, bearing in mind it's not good for the printer but it's
going to die soon anyway.

> 2) Pages sometimes have faint ghost images on them (the originals are further
> up on the page, esp on pages with more cover. Is that a drum problem, how
> would I solve it.

Yep - the drum.

Moncrieffs in Vic Park are the agent.  You'll find that the parts are
dear though.  You need toner regularly, a drum less regularly and a
fuser probably about now.

Another thing mine did was the exit rollers turned soft and gooey and
stuck to paper.  After wiping the mess off with metho I chopped bits of
fuel hose for very economical replacements.

K.