[plug] Sound on Mandrake

Dave dave969 at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 12 05:14:36 WST 2001

Greetings!

Web site is down, so I can't check archives et al ....

Mandrake 7.2 with 2.2.19 kernel (I've enabled sb (100% compatible), turned
off the others, and given it the default IRQ etc)
Sound card is an ISA PNP Creative Vibra16.  Probing it with the pnp tools
tells me it likes the default settings.
It used to work with RedHat 6.2 (same box) - I recall it took a kernal
recompile to get it working though ...
No sound :(
In the configuration for both KDE & Gnome (I prefer the latter (but that's a
personal thing), I can't turn on the "Enable sound at startup" setting ...
well, I can (with no problems) but nothign happens, and it turns itself off.
The default `Sound` thingy is being started in both run levels 3 & 5 (maybe
others, but can't recall :)

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

DaveB