[plug] Agenda VR3

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Apr 12 17:26:23 WST 2001

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 05:03:38PM +0800, Christian wrote:
> (You may actually be able to get a telnet server for Palms too...

But what good would it do (if you can't get eg. a shell, as you would be
able to on the Agenda)?

Of course, this presumes there isn't a shell of some variety available for
PalmOS, which, now I think about it, there probably is (hell, if you can
port Python to the Palm, you should be able to port at least ash or a rough
approximation thereof). Not that you'd really be able to _do_ much on a
Palm via a command-line interface.

Of course again, you might ask what you would want to achieve by telnetting
into an Agenda and getting a shell. Well... anything that you'd do by
getting a remote shell on any UNIX-ish machine, I'd guess. General admin
stuff. From what Simon said, the handwriting recognition is bad enough that
if you wanted to do anything "serious" (admin-wise) on the Agenda, you'd
definitely want to use a real keyboard (and a terminal on a decent monitor :).

> you can definitely get a web server...)

Can you? I remember the story a while ago (must have been more than a year)
about Apache being ported to the Palm, but that turned out to be an
elaborate (and impressive) April Fool's prank. :)

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

88. Every single time you press the 'Get mail' button...it does get new mail.