[plug] Agenda VR3

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Apr 18 11:58:17 WST 2001

	Hmmm... its hard to explain.... You can always use HWR no matter
what you are doing. If you put the pen to the screen, and then move it, its
a mouse movement. If you 'hit the deck running' so to speak, its meant to be
writing. However, it seems to need to be tweaked so you can at least hold
the pen on the screen for a fraction of a second before moving it and still
have HWR. I reckon it should be an option somewhere, so you can adjust it to
quite a large delay if you use HWR alot and it shits you with this mouse
movement thing. Its annoying cos you go to do a letter and sometimes itll
move the cursor to a different field, or even highlight text which you then
accidentally blow away with your next letter........

	The screen is 'split' into quarters, and basically bottom right is
upper case, top right is lower case, top left is punctuation and bottom left
is numbers.

	If it wasnt for the mouse movement confusion and it glitching
slightly on a few letters I would rate it as more useable than graffitti.
Hopefully theyll fix it soon.

	Supposedly there are 2 or 3 competing HWR programs for the
Agenda.... May the best man win :)

	Ahh, yes, the VR3 has nfsd if you so desire which I might install
soon. It would be hell useful cos you could basically share the entire root
and do as you would (albeit slowly with the serial cable :) with a normal
nfs mount. it also has ftpd, httpd, and ofcourse you can telnet into it and
set your display and use its apps remotely.