[plug] Help with Linux Server

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Apr 19 13:16:31 WST 2001

	Im interested!

	Can you give me a url?

	From:	Adam Ashley <adam_ashley at softhome.net> on 19-04-2001 12:40
PM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] Help with Linux Server

	On 19 Apr 2001 11:18:55 +0800, Simon Scott wrote:

	>       AFAIK, setting up mail with a service that is dynamic IP can
be a
	> bit fiddly. Hopefully someone on list will have more experience
with it than
	> I do (in fact, I have never even attempted to setup sendmail on my
lan - I
	> just cant grasp how it could work if you dont have your own static
ip and
	> domain pointing to it :)

	Its quite easy actually, using one of those free dynamic hostname
	services that provide MX records. Set your internal network up with
that
	set your gateway up to respond to external requests from that, tell
	sendmail that its delivering for that and it works fine. I use it at
	home. Works well and when you go perm, most of those free site will
let
	you set up a perm ip, so there is no change over config.

	Adam

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com