[plug] Useful command - pstree

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Apr 19 16:07:32 WST 2001

	Some commands wired into my brain

		* ps ax (obvious)
		* ls -al (obvious)
		* ls -alFR (from my days of grabbing warez from uni :)

	sorry :)

	From:	"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" <tony at cantech.net.au> on
19-04-2001 03:57 PM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] Useful command - pstree

	On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Peter Wright wrote:

	> I just thought some of you might be interested to know about the
pstree
	> command (which I think I'd heard about before, but had never
actually used).

	<snip>

	> Of course, pstree turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Anyway,
I read
	> the man page to find out all the useful parameters and work out my
	> "default" parameters (much as 'aux' is my default for ps). I
eventually
	> found I liked:

	try ps auxf
	I think you'll like what you see.

	It's not quite as pretty as pstree, but (by our own admission) ps
aux is wired
	into your brain.

	Yours Tony.

	/*