[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 22 19:01:59 WST 2001

Excel is actually used an awful lot in the engineering world - I have
even seen unix programs spitting out excel compatible files for future
processing.  Why? - its compatible with what a lot of engineers use on
their desktops.  Also, the vb thing is great for basic data manipulation
and playing with the data.  I have not come across anything comparable
under linux yet (Staroffice is closest, but ...).

> ms excell. i , personally would have thought , auto cad, protel, etc were
> engineering software, not excell.
> also, of course, all lecture notes etc were in word formatt , and star office
> did a dummy spit at a few of them.

A perenial problem!  Just count your blessings they dont export them
from word and process them into copy protected, password protected, no
cut&paste and no print pdf's as one Murdoch lecturer did!  Until them I
did not realize that such pdf's existed!

BillK