[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Andrew Francis locust at fastlane.net.au
Sun Apr 22 19:31:50 WST 2001

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> A perenial problem!  Just count your blessings they dont export them
> from word and process them into copy protected, password protected, no
> cut&paste and no print pdf's as one Murdoch lecturer did!  Until them I
> did not realize that such pdf's existed!

I think the password protection would be a problem (it uses the password
as a key to encrypt the contents of the PDF file), but all of the "copy
protection" stuff consists only of flags in the file which tells the
reader software what it should and shouldn't let the user do. Adobe
Acrobat, naturally, complies with the directives in the file, and so does
Xpdf. GNU Ghostscript, however, doesn't.

--
Andrew Francis
locust at iinet.net.au