[plug] OpenOffice java runtime environment

russ russ at embedit.com.au
Mon Apr 23 09:27:29 WST 2001

Hi,

I downloaded OpenOffice and tried to install it. It stopped and said
it can't find a jave runtime environment 1.2 or greater.

So I went to freshmeat, and ended up getting the Blackdown Java-Linux
Java 2 runtime environment version 1.3. I installed it and ran the
OpenOffice install again. Same problem. It allows you to browse so I
selected the installed location of for the jre but it still said it
couldn't find it.

Does anyone know the exact file name it would be looking for or has
anyone had this problem before?

Thanks
russ