[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Mon Apr 23 13:03:48 WST 2001

Original message from: The Thought Assassin
<assassin at live.wasp.net.au>

>I actually got quite a bit out of some of the UWA computer science
>courses, but the path of the righteous man (me, for the purposes of
>argument :) was beset on all sides by the encroachment of
>vocationally-oriented teaching - make sure they get a good job as
soon as
>they graduate, since noone will blame us when they lack the
theoretical
>background to adapt to new technologies in 15 years time.

UWA seems to be alternating OSes by semester:
1st year 1st semester: Mac (Haskell like programming language class)
1st year 2nd semester: Windows NT (Java programming)
2nd year 1st semester: Linux (Red Hat 7 I think?) (OOP with Java)

Ari