[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Apr 23 15:14:01 WST 2001

	Funny thing is, Ive never once had problems with any printer under
linux.

	The difference may be that Ive never used Debian as a print server,
Ive always had my printers connected to the workstation (Redhat or
Mandrake).

	Maybe Debian just sucks at doing printer config?

	Anyhow point taken. The problem remains however, that most Linux
geeks don't usually care if Joe Enduser can install Linux. It works for us.
We have no financial interest in it succeeding. In fact neither has Debian,
the distro in question at the moment.

	Try installing a printer under RedHat or Mandrake and I think youll
see a difference. I think this conversation boils down to

		"My printer doesnt work"
		"Yeh, Debian sucks at that"

	:)