[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Apr 23 15:25:42 WST 2001

	Nice post :) All true ofcourse.  Good luck with the Education
Minister, but alas he will probably be too busy wasting tax dollars to read
your proposal.

	As for Nick, I think most people here recognize a brick-wall when
they see one. The guy obviously puts zero research into his articles,
otherwise he would never have had to ask on this list. He could have grabbed
a distro and checked it for himself.

	However it is probably a good idea to let Nick think we know where
he is coming from, otherwise we might be further segregated as 'Linux Geeks'
in his 'column' (I use this word loosely).

	On second thoughts, I disagree with you (ever so slightly) on 1
point. To the average consumer, the OS *is* the apps. Looking at a nice
Gnome Desktop wont get you anywhere without apps. However, I believe if you
look at the small set of applications windows provides by default
(calculator, paint, imaging etc), and the plethora of linux apps on the
install disks, there is no contest whatsoever.

	Its not like windows installs/apps installs are fault free. Linux
has its little problems sure, but I think people have become so accustomed
to reseting windows after another BSOD that they have learned to forgive its
idiosyncracies. One day they will do the same for Linux.