[plug] MS Curriculum at schools and TAFEs ...

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Mon Apr 23 16:36:21 WST 2001

Alex Polglaze wrote:

> I have read this thread, more like the complete woven fabric, with much
> interest.
>
> I have run my computer business now for nearly 17 years, and I
> discovered way back in 1987 that I was allergic to MS. I have always
> used alternatives, and the day came to migrate to Linux. This was not a
> happy time. Without Leon's help, I would probably still not have it
> working properly.

<snip really good stuff>

> So instead of crying foul and accusing MS of underhand tactics, fight
> the problem head on. Develop the necessary installation programs and
> routines so that it becomes a real alternative that can be readily used
> in the home and school.
>
> Once people can legitimately compare the two we all know who the clear
> winner will be.
>
> Alex

Well said. AND complexity issues with linux dont seem to be going
away with the latest distributions either...

ATEOTD, real users will judge linux by its ability to do whatever
job they need done. On this scale it rates very poorly (for the DIY
type person) against MS-Windows.