[plug] Printing problem (lprng/lpd config?)

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 24 18:02:00 WST 2001

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 07:47:29AM +0800, Colin Rothnie wrote:
[ I said: ]
> > So it appears to hang as it's "requesting printer funky at localhost".
>
> It isn't as simple as a resolving issue is it?  Could lpd be waiting for
> "localhost" to be resolved? Perhaps you have DNS set with higher priority
> than your hosts file and there is no DNS server available.

Damn, I was really hopeful for a moment that you might have got it there,
Colin - as I'd started trying to set up bind a little while ago on that box
but got distracted by something else in the interim. But after a check, no
- localhost gets resolved fine, and I haven't got the host IP listed as a DNS
in /etc/resolv.conf.

Thanks, a good suggestion though.

Actually, now I think about it a bit more, I realise that it wouldn't be
that in any case, as you'll see from the debug output I attached in my