[plug] office 97 pro, mandrake 7.2 and wine

J j at vrl.com.au
Tue Apr 24 10:14:04 WST 2001

Hi,

I am trying to get office to run with the default 'everything' install of
mandrake 7.2 which comes with wine.

Setup starts up OK, then gets past the registration screen, and
dies with an error about not being able to find files [look like temp
files] on drive G:

Looking in the wineconf module of linuxconf, G is mapped to '\' ... I
tried mapping it to /usr/lib/wine [like the C: mapping} to no avail,
same prob.

Anyone know either what I have done wrong, a way to fix it, or the
'tried and true' method of getting this to work.  I mean, I have seen
the screenshots, it is supposed to work.