[plug] Networking Printing under linux.

Alpha mark at omninet.net.au
Wed Apr 25 10:50:51 WST 2001

Hi all.

Have spent part of ANZAC day trying to setup printing over my two box
linux network.
We have had simple internet sharing for a while.

I suspect what I am trying to do is not possible with my currently
configuration but I'm not sure.

Both machines are running workstation instals Mandrake 7.2 with one
conected to the net by dialup..  I just enabled the network cards
assigned 192.168.0.1 & 192.168.0.2 address to the them respectively.
Then just ran the config utility that comes with this distro and
internet sharing enabled.

Both boxess have the same localhost.localdomain handle. As far as I
could see no changes were made to /etc/hosts...resolve.conf or any of
the other of the host of network setup files.

Like wise the ipp printer address and port the default cups print server
daemon is listening on is the same for both machines

Am I going to have to go back and set up networking from scratch.  As
far as I understand it
it is not possible for me to just arbitarily assign host names to
identify the two machines
from each other?

I have been ploughing the the documentation for quite a while.. am I
completely on the wrong track? had no luck at all trying to configure
NFS either.

Lost