[plug] gcc 2.96

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 25 11:27:05 WST 2001

Hi,
can someone point me to a document I can reference as to why Redhat (and
now Mandrake) have gone to gcc 2.96?  Some developers are up in arms
about it as its a developement base and now gnu seem to have washed
their hands of it!, and without some sence of where they are going with
this I have little argument to convince people that they need to upgrade
their systems as RH 6.2 addons like kde etc are getting a bit stone
aged.  Has anyone successfully built gcc 2.95 on a RH7.0 (or7.1) system
without compatibility problems between glibc versions and the compilers
and tools involved?

BillK