[plug] 2.4.x stability?

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Thu Apr 26 10:06:24 WST 2001

Hi,

Does anyone have any comments regarding 2.4.x kernel stability?  I
recently installed 2.4.3 on my home machine and it seems to have been
running fine although I have had one weird stuff-up with the video that
I've never seen before (probably related to XFree86 4.x).

I'm now thinking of putting it on my workstation but I've heard some
reports of disk corruption etc. and I definitely can't afford to lose
anything off this machine.  What experiences have others on the list
had with the new kernel?

Regards,

Christian.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C