[plug] PCTV Card

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Mon Apr 30 11:30:38 WST 2001

Hi All,

Any special tricks to getting a Pinnacle PCTV (BrookTree BT848 compatible)
PCI capture card going under a 2.4.4 kernel (on a RH 6.2 system at present)?

So far I've compiled in (monolithic) support for I2C, Video for Linux, and
BT848 and when I try to kick the card off (using webcam from xawtv), v4l is not
finding the /dev/video0 device (even though it's there).

dmesg shows that I2C core and dev, and the Linux video capture interface are
registering OK, but I see no reference to the PCTV card, which suggests to me
that the BTTV drivers aren't loading/loading properly(?).

(BTW, under kernel 2.2.19, which uses ancient BTTV drivers, everything appears
to be hunky dory, except that the video images captured from the card are
just a blue screen - I have verified that the camera is working, the PCTV card
is new, and later BTTV drivers refuse to compile nicely on this machine for
reasons as yet beyond me).

I need to get this thing running by COB tomorrow (what else is new), so any
clues/hints/comments would be gratefully received.

TIA,
Steve