[plug] PCTV Card

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Apr 30 15:53:08 WST 2001

Steve Grasso wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Any special tricks to getting a Pinnacle PCTV (BrookTree BT848 compatible)
> PCI capture card going under a 2.4.4 kernel (on a RH 6.2 system at present)?
>
> So far I've compiled in (monolithic) support for I2C, Video for Linux, and
> BT848 and when I try to kick the card off (using webcam from xawtv), v4l is not
> finding the /dev/video0 device (even though it's there).

Grab the latest development driver from
Driver 0.8.14
http://www.strusel007.de/linux/bttv

I'm using it under 2.4.3 with no problems. Have a Flyvideo98 card and it
works a treat, but I have to use some insmod options to get it to go.
Not on that machine at the moment.

always compile i2c bttv and tuner support as modules, to allow easy testing.

Hope this helps. The new driver is pretty alpha, but I have not crashed it yet

--
Brad....
                   /"\