[plug] openoffice build 633

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Aug 1 12:49:22 WST 2001

Jason Nicholls wrote:

> Hey Pluggers,
>
> I'm downloading OpenOffice build 633 cause I need something to print out some
> PowerPoint lecture notes. Has anyone used the OpenOffice builds before, is it
> better than StarOffice 5.2?
>
> BTW, I'm happy to burn a copy and donate it to the PLUG library if people are
> interested?

Yeah, I grab every build as they are released, it's nice to follow the progress
as it gets better and better..
Yes, in general, it is better than SO5.2, unless you use the scheduler, like I do.
I have both Openoffice and SO installed, as SO has nice palm pilot integration
for the Scheduler and OpenOffice does not have one at all..
Other than that, now they have the printing problem solved. OpenOffice all the way.
We now have spellcheck too.. Whohoo...
It's funny, but I have noticed that years of talking to PC's instead of people has
significantly dulled my spelling, punctuation and grammar skills..
I am having to spend a significant amount of time to hone these again, to avoid
looking like a total burk when I correspond with clients.
I am finding, however, that I enjoy running through a document with a paper dictionary
much more than letting the spell checker stuff it up for me.

--
Brad....
                   /"\