[plug] iinet - was Re: [plug] WASP new dialup phone number pr oblem

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Aug 1 11:54:15 WST 2001

	let me know how simonweb.com goes, Id contemplate using it myself if
its fast and reliable.

	From:	Steve Vertigan <vertigan at bigfoot.com> on 01/08/2001 11:45 AM
	Please respond to plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	To:	plug at plug.linux.org.au@SMTP at Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Re: [plug] iinet - was Re: [plug] WASP new dialup
phone number problem

	> errr, am I the only one thinking 'so, change ISPs'??????
	>
	> You obviously dont like em, why persist?

	Problem is, it's hard to find a local ISP with the same quality web
page
	hosting provided by iiNet with their default accounts.  In
particular their
	suid cgi and allowing you to use .htacess files is nice (or at least
was
	last time I was with them).  Too bad they're staffed by slack-jawed
morons
	now, but show me an ISP that isn't.  So anyway my solution is
DingoBlue for
	$25 a month dialup - reliability on par with iinet but better
quotas, and
	simonweb.com for hosting my web page.  For about $10 month ($4.95
US) I get
	cgi, php and mysql.  So all up for $35 a month I'm getting a much
superior
	solution all-round and for $5 less than iinet's base account.  Only
catch is
	I've just signed up to simonweb.com yesterday so I don't know how
reliable
	they'll turn out to be and they're less accountable than a Perth ISP
(for
	all that's worth).  Still I've been impressed with them thus far.

	Regards,
	Steve

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com