[plug] ARGH!!!!

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Aug 2 10:00:01 WST 2001

Sacha Schlegel wrote:
> There is a way to undelete files on a ext2 filesystem.
>
> Check this out:
>
> 1) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion.html
> 2) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion-Dir-Struct/index.
> tml
>
> I could save a file which I accidentially deleted with rm. I used the
> howto 1) from above.

I had seen the first of these links, but not the second..
Remember kiddies.. after blitzing all of your valuable data that you have
no backup for.. Unmount that filesystem quickly ;p)

Nah, I did not lose anything important at all, thats what daily backups
are for after all..

What do people recomend for backups?
On my network, I have a dedicated PC that has nothing other than ssh on it.
All my machines have a backup script on them that simply runs a tar command
and pipes the output through ssh and dd to write to the backup server.
At the moment, I'm doing full backups every night. I'd like to do incrementals
instead. Reading the tar man page now..
Is there a better way ?

--
Brad....