[plug] WASP new dialup phone number problem

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Thu Aug 2 04:13:05 WST 2001

Hi Guys.

The problem I had with wvdial and the new WASP Dialup phone number seems
to be solved:

My password contains a # character, so the server at WASP received only
the characters before # but not the characters after the # character. I
put " around my password in the /etc/wvdial.conf file and it works
again.

I hope this was the only problem. Strange that it worked with the old
number though...

And Matt Kemner from WASP helped me to find the problem. So the service
is OK. The reason I choose WASP was because of Linux Services WA which I
want to support by subscribing to their Internet Services.

OK. Thanks for everyones help.

Sacha Schlegel