[plug] Gdk errors

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Aug 3 15:14:02 WST 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> The fix is to explicitly set your locale by setting the environment variable
> LANG to one of:
>
> LANG=en
> LANG=en_US
> LANG=en_UK

I've tried all of these, all spit out the same error.

> depending on preference. These locales should be set up on most
> RedHat/Debian installs.

It used to be, then something happened and it ceased to behave. How can I
restore it? (Debian 2.2) I've reinstalled the locales package and xlib to
restore the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locales directory, neither of which helped.

> A Google search on the error string spits up hundreds of matches. Like
> I said, it's a very common error.

Yes, most of the matches I found pointed to bad fonts or beta versions of
applications, nothing relevant I could find.

Thanks so far Russ :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham