[plug] lpd proxy needed

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Aug 4 21:45:17 WST 2001

Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> I have finally diagnosed a problem I've been having for ages with lpd
> giving me an error "malformed header", and found that it's almost
> certainly because of IP masquerading.  I therefore need something that
> can proxy lpr traffic.  Does anyone know of such a thing?

Yes, it's called lpd. (-: Set up a do-nothing forwarding queue on the
gateway :-)

You can also use LPRng (but I don't like it) or CUPS (mileage may vary,
but sometimes the results are spectacular and it can be web-adminned).

Finally, you could use a simple VPN and send the traffic virtually directly.

Cheers