OT [plug] WASP

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Aug 4 21:53:34 WST 2001

Matt Kemner wrote:

> I sincerely apologise for this, it is my fault.

> WASP doesn't have a thing against Linux.  In fact, if it wasn't for Linux
> WASP would not be here Today.  Unfortunately (as with all ISPs) not all
> our helpdesk staff are competent with Linux, but rather than tell the
> customer to go away, they are told to either put them through to myself
> (if I'm available) or refer them to Linux Services WA - who will help WASP
> customers free of charge. I will find out which staff member was
> responsible for turning customers away, and ensure they know better in
> future.

> I'm sorry this had to get dragged into a public forum like this, and
> apologise to the group for the offtopic nature of this post.

I might also add that zero of the customers I've referred to WASP have
complained about their service. I've not had so good results with any
other ISP in Perth.

whining about iiNet, mostly service unresponsiveness and some CitySpan
customers (and recently ADSL customers) have complained about service
losses but never anything personal (ie genuine mistakes, not
maliciousness or prejudice). For such a large company, and one whose
director reputedly brags about underpaying their staff, they're doing
remarkably well.

Full disclosure: I have no vested interest in WASP, or special
arrangement with them or any staff. Nor do I have any particular
interest for or against iiNet or any of their associates. However I
consider Matt to be a reliable and honest friend and this may colour my
views.

Cheers