[plug] Computer insecurity

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Aug 7 09:45:36 WST 2001

Bret Busby wrote:

> Someone posted a query about a paper that he is writing about security, and,
> narrowing it down to Internet security.
>
> I have today found that Mudrock has compromised the security and privacy of
> all of its students, by implementing a change without doing it properly, and,
> without thinking about the consequences.

Have you actually sent your concerns to people at Murdoch? Perhaps:
 - Office of Student Services
 - IT Security Administrator
 - The Library

Although I can't speak for the Library system (I've heard rumours that it's
being worked on though), I *believe* OSS are trying as hard as possible to
phase out the Exam Results on Board practice. ie; The next exam periods,
results will only be online, and in the post.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :