[plug] Freesco Dialup Router

Vaughan Healy vaughan at healy.net
Thu Aug 9 17:58:28 WST 2001

Greetings Plug'ers,

I have been using a Freesco 0.2.7 floppy based router on a headless,
legless, armless, etc... IBM ValuePoint/PS1 system for about a month now and
I think it's brilliant!

I have [evil] plans to create a 486 based router with 16MB FP RAM, 16MB
Flash Disk, NE2000 compat. ISA 10MBit ethernet card, 56K internal ISA modem
all neatly contained in a perspex cell.

The Freesco image doesn't come with ftp or ssh by default, so I would like
to install ssh.

DynaDNS.org offer a service with allows a Fresco router to have a static
name for a fee.  I would like to use an automated ssh script to upload some
details including IP address to a website upon connection.  Has anybody got
any ideas as to the most secure and easies way of doing this?

Vaughan