[plug] Freesco Dialup Router

Arkem (Paul) arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Thu Aug 9 18:13:45 WST 2001

> DynaDNS.org offer a service with allows a Fresco router to have a static
> name for a fee.  I would like to use an automated ssh script to upload some
> details including IP address to a website upon connection.  Has anybody got
> any ideas as to the most secure and easies way of doing this?
>
> Vaughan

Though I don't know how to do it through ssh there is a program called
ezipupdate was written to deal with updating IP addresses to places like
dyndns.org it can be run as a daemon to update whenever your ip address changes
or you can put it in /etc/ppp/ip-up or equivalent. You can obtain this program
from http://www.gusnet.cx/proj/ez-ipupdate

Hope this helps

Paul Chamberlain