[plug] Zope and Apache

Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com
Fri Aug 10 10:34:07 WST 2001

Hi all

Im going to setup Zope on a Linux box very soon

Reading through the doco, it appears the best way to do this is to setup zope to
sit on port 8080, and have apache on port 80 which acts as a proxy for Zope. I
will also have postgresql and php on the box.

This allows you to continue to use cgi, php etc as well as gaining the benefits
of zope. The end user is none the wiser as I understand it, since they will only
ever hit port 80 and apache will request stuff from port 8080 and forward it
(???)

Can someone explain to me how Apache could acheive this? Has anyone had
experience with a similar setup?

Obviously I would like to close port 8080 to everyone except localhost.

Thanks

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com