[plug] compiling PHP with imap support

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Fri Aug 10 15:02:58 WST 2001

Hey all,

I was wondering whether anyone might be able to shed some light on a problem
I'm having.

I'm trying to compile PHP with imap support as a DSO module for Apache on
Red Hat 6.2.  I can compile Apache 1.3.20 fine with DSO support and
everything fine and dandy, but then I got and compile PHP 4.05 with MySQL,
APXS and IMAP support and it configures and compiles cleanly and everything
and installs fine, no errors anywhere.  But when I try to start Apache

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: gss_mech_krb5
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I can re-compile PHP without IMAP support and it loads into Apache fine and
it starts fine with no problems..

The reason why I need PHP compiled with IMAP support is so that I can use a
webmail program written in PHP that I've got..

Anyone got any ideas??

TIA :o)

/ Ben