[plug] Zope and Apache

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Aug 10 20:07:00 WST 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 11:06:30AM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> > Can someone explain to me how Apache could acheive this? Has anyone had
> > experience with a similar setup?
> Go to www.apache.org and search for mod_proxy. If I'm understanding correctly
> it will do exactly what you want. eg:
>
> 	1. Make sure mod_proxy available (either compiled in or as a module)
> 	2. Add a rule similar to below into your Apache config:
> 		ProxyPass	/zope/	http://127.0.0.1:8080/

AND:
		ProxyPassReverse /zope/ http://127.0.0.1:8080/

You should make sure that relative headers are adjusted on their way back
to the client to ensure the integrity of the front-end namespace. You'll
see weird results if you don't: this "Reverse" does this alteration for
you! Use the two hand-in-hand.

  James

 (ex Webmaster of UWA + UWA Guild + UCC, current webmaster of HP JDV)

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.rcpt.to/~james

 Remainder moved to http://www.rcpt.to/~james/james/sig.html