[plug] Confirmation of dd

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Mon Aug 13 09:36:49 WST 2001

Brian,

I've used dd successfully as a replacement for Ghost, and can confirm that it
works in the way you intend, but with one caveat: upgrade your
fileutils package so you're using the most recent release of dd. I've found
that earlier versions can exhibit a bit of variability in outcome ie. just
plain don't work correctly. You may find you'll also need to upgrade
glibc (and maybe glibc-devel) since the fileutils package depends on it.

Regards,
Steve