[plug] POP3 servers

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Tue Aug 14 11:08:01 WST 2001

	Rather than hammering this guy, is someone going to point him to:

		1) http://www.linuxdoc.org (lots of doco, enjoy the read)
		2)
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mail-Administrator-HOWTO.html (specific to
mail, probably has pop3 stuff)
		3) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Mail-User-HOWTO/index.html
(from the user perspective, important to know)
		4) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/ISP-Setup-RedHat-HOWTO.html
(looks interesting, covers dial-in, web hosting, pop3, ftp etc)
		5) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html (you'll
need to know this to protect your box from everything cept pop3)
		6) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DSL-HOWTO/index.html (if
you are using dsl to serve, this will be important)
		7) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html (if you are
running your own domain including DNS youll need this (and a good book! :))
		8) http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO/index.html
(Depending how you connect, youll wanna know how to best setup for perm
connection)

	Give those a good bashing, if applicable, play for a while, and then
youll be on a firmer footing to ask more specific questions on list.

	Above all have fun!