[plug] RE: Sound Card

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Tue Aug 14 21:53:00 WST 2001

> 1) Patience is a virtue. The people here are infact providing a service for
> free, and usually outside of business hours. Life demands that we balance
> work, rest, play and family or we lose one of the above.

sorry

> 2) Please trim the signature :-) CodeRed is taking enough bandwidth as it
> is...

done. got a new one. tell me if it's too big... but.. it's only like.. ascii
characters... shouldn't bother bandwidth.. it's like one byte per character.
:o/

> OK On to the problem at hand.
>
> The main tool to test sound is 'saytime'. It sends the time in audio direct
> to /dev/dsp. No mixers or other stuff to get in the way. If that works
> properly then 'your sound card works perfectly' as a device, the software
> may have problems. If it skips, then there could possibly be an IRQ
> conflict.

'opening: /dev/audio: no such device'

> Once you know where you stand there, e-mail the list back with a more
> utiltitarian message.

this is the reply

    .-"^`\                                        /`^"-.
  .'   ___\                                      /___   `.
\   ||       |\_)      Clinton Butler      (_/|       ||   /
 \  | \  . \ ;  |  misprint at bizzpro.com.au || ; / .  / |  /
        \\ \ \ \|        Homepage:         |/ / / //
         `'-\_\_\    Still not made yet    /_/_/-'`
(if you can't make this sig file out you aren't using a Fixed Width Font)