[plug] RE: Sound Card

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Thu Aug 16 15:49:56 WST 2001

> Well, the method is:
>
> (a) Wake up in the morning.
> (b) Find a free phone line that no one minds you using.
> (c) Set your /etc/apt/source.list for woody on a local mirror.
> (d) Dail your ISP.
> (e) apt-get update
> (f) apt-get upgrade -d
>        wait a few seconds, press Y
>        This will DOWNLOAD only. No install, just download.
> (g) Go to school
> (h) Learn stuff.
> (i) Return from school, to find some/all of woody downloaded, but not
>     installed.
> (j) Now repeat apt-get upgrade, but without the "-d".
> (k) Have fun. ;)

I like this analogy... I will try to use it.. but I have done too much to the box and i think
it is in my best interests to re-install it from the start and try it all over again...
I will make sure to get sndconfig working and I should not have to pester anyone.. I will also
attend INSTALLFEST as I have been looking forward to the next one... I assume it would be a
great learning experience.

I also plan to put the 2.4.8 kernel on the box.. is this a good idea.. I am doing a reinstall
today.. as I think I've screwed a lot of things up....
If anyone could please reply soon.. I will start the reinstall at approximately 6:00pm (Perth
Time).

     _.._    _    Clinton Butler
   ."\__/"./`_\   misprint at bizzpro.com.au
 _/__<__>__\/     Homepage:
`"/_/""""\_\\     N/A until I get Apache up