OT [plug] ISA Video card

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Sat Aug 18 14:36:46 WST 2001

At 02:30 PM 18/08/01 +0000, you wrote:
>I'll happily swap you a couple of ISA ones for a PCI :)

Not that many spare PCI's sorry :(

Thanks to those that replied, I now have an old ISA card that works but
still no joy with the original problem... the box hangs at "Verifying DMI
pool data"
I am on page 30 of google looking for the above line and most answers point
to booting from a floppy.  I have tried every boot option, every BIOS
option, cables plugged and unplugged, CMOS battery out and pins shorted,
etc, etc and is still the same.  Any drives are autodetected ok, but no
h/d, cd, or floppy will boot.
I realise this may be off topic but if/when this machine lives it will be
my server.
Any clues from anyone please?

>At 08:13 PM 17/8/2001 +0800, you wrote:
> >
> >Would any kind pluggers out there have a spare ISA video card that could be
> >spared for a few hours?
> >I have a FIC VT-503 motherboard with a suspect faulty BIOS in it.  I have
> >found - "Try using an ISA VGA card and see wether that system will allow
> >you to perform a Boot Block."  Only problem is that I only have one old ISA
> >card and it is of unknown (not working?) quality.  Plenty of spare PCI's
> >around but I'm hoping the ISA will let me flash the BIOS.
> >I am in Roleystone and am happy to travel to nearby areas.

regards,
   Nathan

.   natdan at pobox.com   .     /     \
.  Western  Australia  .  -> \_,-._/
       ICQ - 778269

Can't make out my sig file? Try using a "fixed-width font"