[plug] Debian install on HPT 370

Christian Müller mullerc at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 18 08:50:54 WST 2001

Hi all,

i am trying to install debian woody on my computer. However the installer
does not recognise the raid controller. I do not have raid running of this,
however I have the HDD on there which I want to use to install linux.

after the intsller started, I went to the console, did 	$cat /proc/pci and
this gave me the output of the I/O numbers.

They were

0xd800
0xdc00
0xe000
0xe400
0xe800

from there I reboted my system and started the installation again with:

linux ide2=0xD800,0xDC02 ide3=0xE000,0xE403

this however did not recognise the ide channels either. Does anyone have
any other suggestions on how I can install apart from taking my whole
system apart, of course.
BTW my Mainboard is a Abit KT7a raid.

Cheers

Christian