[plug] Logging in to NT domain

Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Aug 20 09:03:36 WST 2001

Hi all

At my work they insist on people taking home laptops in order to login from
home. The craptops have win nt, and you use 'log in via dialup' on the login
screen in order to get onto the network.

Since I have about 8 working machines at home, mostly linux boxes, I think this
is ridiculous.

I dont know the first thing about NT, but can Samba or something similar 'log
in' to the domain? If I setup a (probably chap?) dialup login, can I get samba
to login to the domain controller (and then throw away any updates like virus
etc)???

It seems ridiculous to me, but they insist on it......

Thanks

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com