[plug] RE: Sound Card

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Tue Aug 21 19:41:29 WST 2001

Simon Scott wrote:

>         hmmmm
>
>         I would question that this is your problem.
>
>         What happens when you run 'startx'??? What do you mean 'crippled'?
>
>         Were you doing anything else at the time? installing sndconfig
> wouldnt damage your system

I did an 'apt-get update' then 'apt-get install sndconfig'
once I'd finished the download I ran sndconfig
then tried to enter X ('startx') and it says:
'X: cannot stat /etc/X11/X (no such file or directory), aborting.
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.'

X was running fine before I did the apt-get

I also changed the sources.list to accomplish the apt-get.

it is really frustrating because I need X running.

I have tried reinstalling X but dselect won't allow me to :o/

--
     _.._    _    Clinton Butler
   ."\__/"./`_\   misprint at bizzpro.com.au
 _/__<__>__\/     Homepage:
`"/_/""""\_\\     N/A until I get Apache up