[plug] RE: Sound Card

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Aug 21 19:45:23 WST 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Clinton Butler wrote:

> I did an 'apt-get update' then 'apt-get install sndconfig'
> once I'd finished the download I ran sndconfig
> then tried to enter X ('startx') and it says:
> 'X: cannot stat /etc/X11/X (no such file or directory), aborting.
> giving up.

I have seen that before, and it seems to be a bug in one of the latest
Debian packages under sid.
You can fix that by running:
ln -s /usr/bin/X11/XF86_SVGA /etc/X11/X

make sure you are using the SVGA X server though.. If you are using a
different on (eg XF86_S3) you will need to link that one instead.  You
will most likely be using the SVGA server though.

 - Matt