[plug] slowdown probs

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Aug 22 12:01:56 WST 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:47:59AM +0800, Beau Kuiper wrote:

> Try using xmms. It seems to be the fastest mp3 player avaliable.
>
> But don't expect too much, a P100 doesn't have enough grunt to give
> justice to mp3s

A few years ago I used to play MP3s on my P100 without any trouble
whatsoever.  I don't remember which player I used, it might have been
x11amp if that was around then.  I definitely used the command line
'amp' program though and that worked perfectly with no real impact on
the speed of the rest of the system.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C