[plug] slowdown probs

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:06:56 WST 2001

I have to say, you certainly do get a lot of trouble from troubleshooting.
eg. if anyone's using an nVidia card with a VIA mobo and you're getting
sound problems (ie. a cracking sort of noise), this is caused by nVidia's
unified drivers.

I've got an ATI Rage 128 XPERT 2000 that simply refuses to work under X, be
it under any type of server at all (with 3.3.6 (if that #'s right) or
4.0.1)! XFree haven't answered me yet but it solved my win 32/nt sound
problems, albeit at the cost of no Linux activity at all!