[plug] slowdown probs

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.ii.net
Wed Aug 22 17:01:47 WST 2001

> Try using xmms. It seems to be the fastest mp3 player avaliable.
> But don't expect too much, a P100 doesn't have enough grunt to give
> justice to mp3s

On that note, the xmms that comes with 7.0 is shite. I have a celeron 500,
384mb and XMMS chugged for some reason. Changing songs would take about 2
seconds or so, and the change wasn't instantanous with the playlist.
I had alook at all hte options, and it still ran slow as!
I upgrade to v 1.2.5 and alas it runs damn well! :)
Really really quickly, and it has some nice SDL plugins that you can use
with it! :)
I'd recommend upgrading to 1.2.5 to get the most out of it! :)

Cya
batesy