[plug] Virtual Console colours

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Wed Aug 22 22:44:24 WST 2001

> I think there's a program that will do it more nicely, but I just found one
> way to do it without any special programs....

any help as to the name of the program?

>  From the console, do:
>
> # echo -e "\033[44;37;22m"

I can't seem to work out the syntax

> (then type "clear" or hit control-L to clear the screen with the nice new
> colour scheme)
>
> That will change your colours to a blue bg, white fg - ... to refer to the
> colour codes so you can pick the colours you prefer (44 == blue bg, 37 ==
> white fg, 22 == normal text style - I think you need to specify all three),
> see console_codes(4).

I have played and played with these... I found that if I do  a
'echo -e '\033[43;43;22m'
the result is a lime background with white text... but I can't go black
background with lime text :o/

--
     _.._    _    Clinton Butler
   ."\__/"./`_\   misprint at bizzpro.com.au
 _/__<__>__\/     Homepage:
`"/_/""""\_\\     N/A until I get Apache up