[plug] Web database stuff - Bollocks

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Aug 23 15:53:42 WST 2001

	Why is it you PERL guys always say 'use PERL' at the drop of a hat?

	The poor guy obviously doesnt know his ass from his elbow, and wants
to learn linux and web scripting, and you throw PERL at him? You correct him
on his list of technologies (ie sql aint no scripting language) and then
tell him to use one of the most complex and obscure languages known to man?

	Be reasonable, Ive looked at both, and PHP beats PERL hands down in
terms of ease of learning and quick results. PERL is more flexible. PERL can
run nuclear power stations. PERL will make your toast in the morning. PERL
aint for beginners. PERL will make your head explode. PHP will be obvious
after about 5 seconds.

	My $3.50