[plug] Web database stuff - Bollocks

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 23 16:08:37 WST 2001

On 23 Aug 2001 15:53:42 +0800, Simon Scott wrote:
> 	Why is it you PERL guys always say 'use PERL' at the drop of a hat?
>
> 	The poor guy obviously doesnt know his ass from his elbow, and wants
> to learn linux and web scripting, and you throw PERL at him? You correct him
> on his list of technologies (ie sql aint no scripting language) and then
> tell him to use one of the most complex and obscure languages known to man?
>
> 	Be reasonable, Ive looked at both, and PHP beats PERL hands down in
> terms of ease of learning and quick results. PERL is more flexible. PERL can
> run nuclear power stations. PERL will make your toast in the morning. PERL
> aint for beginners. PERL will make your head explode. PHP will be obvious
> after about 5 seconds.

I choose to be the guy that shouts 'Python, Python' from the sidelines.
I know from experience that you can get efficient, well performing and
maintainable web applications using Python.

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

:-)

--
Grahame Bowland, Network and Systems Administrator
University Communications Services, The University of Western Australia